Past Pinewood Derby Grand Champions
2016 Winner: JJ Gargiulo
2015 Winner: Cole Vickery
THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: HAVE A TON OF FUN!!!!!!!!!
ALL CARS MUST PASS INSPECTION TO QUALIFY FOR THE RACE
1. The car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The official race scale shall be considered final.
2. The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
3. The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
4. The car must have 1 ¾? clearance between the wheels.
5. The car must have 3/8? clearance underneath the body.
6. The wood provided in the kit must be used. The block may be shaped any way that is desired.
7. The wheels supplied with the kit must be used. The wheels may not be cut, drilled, beveled or rounded. You may remove the seam from the wheels.
8. The axles supplied with the kit must be used. They may be polished or lubricated.
9. Wheel bearings, washers or bushings are prohibited.
10. The car must not ride on any type of springs.
11. The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
12. No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used.
Each car must pass inspection by the official inspection committee before it will be allowed to compete. The Inspection Committee has the responsibility to disqualify those cars that do not meet these specifications.
1. Only one car may be registered by any person in the Pinewood Derby.
2. Only dry lubricants such as graphite or powdered teflon "white lube" will be allowed for lubricating the wheels. Lubricants may not foul the track.
3. The car body may have no moving parts
4. Construction of ALL entries MUST have begun AFTER last year's races
Rules of the Track
1. If, during a race, a car leaves the track without interfering with its opponent, it shall be considered to have ended its heat at that point.
2. If a car leaves its lane, at his sole discretion, the track chairman may inspect the track and, if a track fault is found which probably caused the initial violation, the track chairman may order the race to be rerun after the track is repaired.
3. If, during a race, no car reaches the finish line on the track, the car which went the farthest in its lane shall be declared as the heat winner.
4. If, during a race, a car leaves its lane and, in so doing, interferes with another racer, then the car at fault shall be declared to have lost the race heat.
5. Judges have the final say.
THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: HAVE A TON OF FUN!!!